The Apexi Turbo Timer is designed to keep the engine continually idling after the engine is shut off and ignition key is removed. The purpose is to keep the oil flowing through the turbo to cool it down. This is most important after hard throttling where the turbines can revolve over 200,000 RPM and go up to temperatures of 900 degrees celcius. If you shut off the engine immediately after such intense throttle, the turbines may still be spinning without any oil circulating it which can result in clogging problems and damage to the turbo.
- Displays Battery Voltage, O2 Sensor Voltage, Rich/Lean via LED, Air/Fuel Ratio
- Compact Interface Design
- Separate Control Unit
- Auto Timer detects the engine load before shutdown and adjusts idle time accordingly
- Operating Temperature: -20~60'C(-4 to 140' F)
- Outer Material: ABS Plastic
- Weight: 0.3kg
- Dimensions: 125mm x 105mm x 75mm
- Included in Package: 1 x Control/Unit, 1 x Relay, 1 x English Manual
- Professional installation is recommended but not required. Professional instruction/installation manual is included. Do not mount the unit near high temperatures, dust, or anywhere with direct sunlight. Be sure to remove all oil and debris off the unit before mounting.
- The Auto Timer is frequently used in naturally aspirated vehicles as well, just like turbo engines. N/A engines also benefit from a cool down idling after a hard run. Another useful tip is that it can also be used to keep the A/C running during hot days.